Welcome to a Healthy Core

Living life healthily from the inside out in every realm of life. 
 

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"You are what you eat" and better yet "you get what you eat"

Remember the saying "you are what you eat"? I think you could say it this way "you get what you eat". I've been working to try to up my diet to 75% raw food. I am getting closer. Yesterday for lunch I had a large mixed green salad with carrots, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and 1 serving of Tuna with a balsamic vinaigrette, with an added splash of Turmeric seasoning. I also had the salad with a handful or raspberries and 1/2 an apple.

Here are the nutrients in my lunch and the combined overall health benefit:

Tuna: B1, B2, B3, C, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Protein
Balsamic Vinaigrette: Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Fungal, Anti-oxidant
Mixed Greens: c=Carotenoids, Flavanoids
Tomatoes: Contains C and Lycopene
Mushrooms: Vitamin D, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Selenium,
Carrots: Beta Carotene, Vitamin A, Alpha-Carotene
Turmeric: Anti-oxidant and Anti-Inflammatory
Raspberries: Anti-oxidants and Vitamin C
Apple: High Fiber, flavanoids plorizidin, polyphenols, Vitamin C, Vitamin B

Add a cup of ice tea sweetened with stevia and my lunch does this for my body:

Boosts my metabolism, slows the aging process, reduces cholesterol, speeds up my energy levels, helps eases stress and controls cortisol, helps keep my heart healthy, lowers blood pressure, keeps my muscle's relaxed, raises my immune system, prevents degenerative diseases, destroys pre-cancerous cells and free radicals, keeps my bones strong, aids in weight loss, reduces inflammation, builds muscle, reduces risk for diabetes, and does a lot of things science hasn't even discovered yet.

If you choose to establish healthy habits in your life like eating real food instead of "processed tasty food-like substances" your body will look and feel at it's best because it will have all the benefits of health.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I think God sent your blog to me! I need to improve my diet, and you make "healthy food" look so inviting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Karen. I prayed about wisdom in health and believe that my passion for healthy foods is Gods answer to me.

    ReplyDelete